You can become a teacher in Utah on your own schedule, without quitting your current job or going into debt. Try our online teacher certification program free for seven days and see if you are ready to start earning your Utah teaching certificate. Enroll anytime and get started to become a Utah teacher with the nonprofit American Board program.
Choose a subject below to learn more about the requirements to teach that subject:
Please call 1-877-669-2228 to speak with our Enrollment Team
To become a teacher in Utah with American Board’s teacher certification program, candidates will need to complete the following steps:
1. Be accepted into the Utah Alternative Routes to Teacher Licensing (ARL) program.
2. Obtain a teaching position in a Utah school.
3. Obtain a Utah ARL Professional Growth Plan. This plan is set by the Utah State Office of Education and is catered to each individual going through the program. Contact the Utah State Office of Education at 801-538-7740 or visit their website to learn more about this plan.
4. Complete the American Board program.
5. Complete one year or more of full-time teaching in a Utah school as an ARL participant.
6. Complete one year or more of mentoring. Mentoring programs are offered at no cost through the school where a teacher is hired.
7. Complete all other Utah ARL requirements as outlined in a Professional Growth Plan.
8. Candidates must receive a recommendation from their principal and Utah ARL Advisor to upgrade to a Level 1 Utah Professional Educator License.
We are available to answer your questions via email, chat, or phone. Reach out to us with questions and we’ll be happy to help you figure out if our program is the right fit for your needs.
Call 1-877-669-2228 to speak with our Enrollment Team or click the button below to email us.
For more information on the Utah Alternative Route to Licensure Program and how it works with our program to certify teachers, please click on the button below.