The American Board, also known as The American Board for the Certification of Teacher Excellence (ABCTE), offers a flexible, affordable path to earn your teaching certificate in Utah. You can complete our self-paced program online without quitting your job or taking additional college courses.
HOW IT WORKS
To use a teaching certificate from the American Board for the Certification of Teacher Excellence in the state of Utah, candidates will need to complete the following steps:
1. Be accepted into the Utah Alternative Routes to Teacher Licensing (ARL) program.
2. Obtain a teaching position in a Utah school.
3. Obtain a Utah ARL Professional Growth Plan. This plan is set by the Utah State Office of Education and is catered to each individual going through the program. Contact the Utah State Office of Education at 801-538-7740 or visit their website to learn more about this plan.
4. Complete the ABCTE program.
5. Complete one year or more of full-time teaching in a Utah school as an ARL participant.
6. Complete one year or more of mentoring. Mentoring programs are offered at no cost through the school where a teacher is hired.
7. Complete all other Utah ARL requirements as outlined in a Professional Growth Plan.
8. Candidates must receive a recommendation from their principal and Utah ARL Advisor to upgrade to a Level 1 Utah Professional Educator License.
Choose a subject below to learn more about the requirements to teach that subject:
Select the subject area of your choice above to Enroll Now!
Call 877-669-2228 or email us at Contact@americanboard.org to speak with our team about starting a new career as a teacher in Utah.