Use your experience working with special needs children to ensure that every student receives an excellent education. This program includes Elementary Education certification to guarantee that certified teachers are highly qualified for teaching multiple subject areas. Your program includes advising services, exams, online coursework, practice exams and more!
The Special Education Plus+ program offers everything available through the Standard program as well as these additional resources: PTK Workbook, PTK Supplementary Quiz Bank and PTK Supplementary Quiz Bank II.*
Become a teacher and have a classroom of your own in less than a year! We offer comprehensive resources to help you prepare for a new career as a teacher.
Your program includes:
- Special Education WorkbookPractice tests and quizzes are just a subset of the standards you are expected to know on test day. The actual test will be a partially different subset from the questions you have already answered, so it is fundamentally important to know ALL the content standards. You want to know them anyway right? After all you don’t want to be a mediocre teacher. This workbook is simply an organizer of the standards you already have.
- Special Education QuizbankAn optional add-on resource for Special Education candidates, the quiz bank targets the topics that people have missed the most on the actual exam.
- *PTK WorkbookDid you know you need to learn one hundred different standards in order to pass the ABCTE Professional Teaching Knowledge (PTK) exam? We’ve designed a one hundred page workbook to help maximize studying for the PTK exam. It provides a concrete way to navigate and learn the exams standards.
- *PTK Quiz Bank IAn optional add-on resource for ABCTE candidates, the quiz bank targets the topics in the standards that people have missed the most on the actual exam. This tool is designed so that candidates can avoid these test pitfalls and succeed the first time.
- *PTK Quiz Bank IIA perfect complement to Quiz Bank I, this study resource ensures that candidates will focus on not only the areas most missed on the exam but on all the remaining topics that must be mastered in order to pass the PTK as well.
- Study PlansOur study plans are based on expert recommendations and successful candidate best practices. View a sample.
- Prepare to Teach workshops:Get a head start with online lessons, video case studies and printable resources. Preview workshops.
- Online Refresher courseExplore over 300 pages of material at your own pace, dedicate more time to material that needs intense review and skip over what you already know. Preview refresher courses.
- Practice ExamsPractice in the same format as the real test on more than 300 sample questions. These include full-length tests, topic quizzes, timed and untimed modes, and complete explanations of the answers. Preview practice exams.
- New Teacher HotlineDownload free podcasts featuring fun, practical advice from teaching experts. Start listening today.
- ExamsTake exams when you are ready, according to your own schedule. Testing is available year-round at Pearson VUE centers, Monday-Saturday.
Want to learn more? Request more information, visit our discussion forums or download our Information Kit.