The American Board, also known as The American Board for Certification of Teacher Excellence (ABCTE), offers a flexible, affordable path to earn your teaching certificate in New Hampshire. You can complete our self-paced program online without quitting your job or taking additional college courses.
Choose a subject below to learn more about the requirements to teach that subject:
To use a certificate from the American Board in the state of New Hampshire, candidates will need to complete the following steps:
1. Complete the American Board program.
* For Elementary Education only, pass the Foundations of Reading exam.
2. Apply to the New Hampshire Department of Education for your state-issued Beginner Educator Certificate.
3. Obtain a teaching position in a New Hampshire school.
4. Teach full-time for 3 years and be deemed either Effective or Highly Effective for two consecutive years based on the local educator evaluation system.
5. Apply for your state-issued New Hampshire Experienced Educator Certificate. This is your permanent teaching certificate that will be renewed throughout your career.
For more information on state teaching requirements visit the New Hampshire Board of Education’s website, or call 603-271-3494.
We are available to answer your questions via email, chat or phone. Reach out to us with questions and we’ll be happy to help you figure out if our program is the right fit for your needs.
Call 1-877-669-2228 to speak with our Enrollment Team or click the button below to email us.