The American Board, also known as The American Board for the Certification of Teacher Excellence (ABCTE), offers a flexible, affordable path to earn your teaching certificate in New Hampshire. You can complete our self-paced program online without quitting your job or taking additional college courses.
To use a certificate from the American Board for the Certification of Teacher Excellence in the state of New Hampshire, candidates will need to complete the following steps:
1. Complete the ABCTE program
* For Elementary Education only, pass the Foundations of Reading exam
2. Apply to the New Hampshire Department of Education for your state-issued Beginner Educator Certificate
3. Obtain a teaching position in a New Hampshire school
4. Teach full-time for 3 years and be deemed either Effective or Highly Effective for two consecutive years based on the local educator evaluation system
5. Apply for your state-issued New Hampshire Experienced Educator Certificate. This is your permanent teaching certificate that will be renewed throughout your career.
For more information on state teaching requirements, visit the New Hampshire Board of Education’s website or call 603-271-3494.
Choose a subject below to learn more about the requirements to teach that subject:
Select the subject area of your choice above to Enroll Now!
Call 877-669-2228 or email us at Contact@americanboard.org to speak with our team about starting a new career as a teacher in New Hampshire.