The American Board seeks a full-time Arizona State Representative for the southern part of the state. The State Representative will manage in-state field operations from Nogalas to Casa Grande, including hosting recruitment events, building relationships with schools and community-based organizations, and serving as our spokesperson with state and local media. This is a full-time position which requires travel throughout the state, but also allows for some work from home. The ideal applicant will have experience in teaching and some experience in sales and business management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Market the American Board value proposition and create brand awareness: we certify existing, unlicensed teachers and help districts find sustainable staffing from their local communities.
- Plan, schedule, organize and execute events at local venues to generate interest in the American Board program and recruit teachers.
- Build and maintain relationships with local school districts, including HR representatives, principals and superintendents. Assess and report on district needs.
- Coordinate with home office recruitment specialists to assist in generating leads and enrolling candidates.
- Explore creative opportunities to be proactive and efficient in addressing concerns or barriers to entry.
- Create, design and adhere to processes that improve efficacy and efficiency.
- Other possible job functions may be conducted as needed.
Areas of Measurement:
- Number of leads and enrollments generated.
- Assigned region’s knowledge and impression of the American Board.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English
- Ability to work with Excel
- Exceptional communication skills in public speaking, writing, e-mails and phone
- Ability to hit the ground running with a high level of energy, motivation and initiative
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and problem-solve
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Extremely detail oriented
$35,000 – 40,000 (commensurate with experience) plus up to $20,000 in bonuses, compensate expenses, and full benefits including health and retirement.
Email your resume and cover letter to AZJobs@americanboard.org with the subject line “Arizona State Representative”. Please do not call or fax.