The American Board seeks a full-time Arizona State Representative to manage and execute in-state field operations from Phoenix to Flagstaff, including driving interest and lead generation, hosting recruitment events, building relationships with schools and community-based organizations, and serving as our spokesperson with state and local media. This is a full-time position which requires travel throughout the state but is based from a home office. The ideal applicant will have experience in teaching and some experience in sales and business management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Generate interest in the American Board program and submit leads of interested parties to the home office.
- Convey the American Board value proposition and create brand awareness to existing educators and career changers in the community at large.
- Plan, schedule, organize and execute events at local venues to generate interest in the American Board program and recruit teachers.
- Build and maintain relationships with local school districts, including HR representatives, principals and superintendents. Assess and report on district needs.
- Coordinate with home office recruitment specialists indicating which of the submitted leads are hot and aiding in enrolling those candidates.
- Explore creative opportunities to be proactive and efficient in addressing concerns or barriers to entry.
- Create, design and adhere to processes that improve efficacy and efficiency.
- Other possible job functions as needed.
Areas of Measurement:
- Number of leads and enrollments generated.
- Events accomplished, attendance at those events.
- Number of relationships built in the community through community based organizations.
- The public’s perception and impression of the American Board.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Hard-working, with an ability to hit the ground running with a high level of energy, motivation and initiative
- Exceptional communication skills in public speaking, writing, e-mails and phone
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and problem-solve
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with Excel
- Extremely detail oriented
$35,000 – 40,000 (commensurate with experience) plus up to $20,000 in bonuses, compensate expenses, and full benefits including health and retirement.
Email your resume and cover letter to AZJobs@americanboard.org with the subject line “Arizona State Representative”. Please do not call or fax.