To use the ABCTE program to obtain a teaching certificate in Oklahoma, you will:
1. Complete ABCTE’s certification program
Oklahoma Department of Education requirements for using ABCTE certificate:
1. Obtain a full-time teaching position
2. Apply to the Oklahoma State Board of Education for a one-year, nonrenewable secondary or middle level license
3. Apply concurrently for ABCTE Mentoring Program ($595)
4. During first year in the classroom, complete 1 year of ABCTE’s mentoring program.
In order to begin the mentoring program
5. Apply for the Oklahoma Standard License, a 5-year renewable certificate
No event in your area? Interested in finding out more? Check out our pre-recorded Information Session by clicking here.