Do your friends consider you a history guru? If you possess the passion and the knowledge to inform students of our nation’s past and give them the chance to travel to ancient Egypt, 14th century China and much more, then our History program is for you. Your knowledge of both U.S. and World History will be tested in this program.
Completing our History certification will enable you to teach in Idaho, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Utah.
The Plus program offers everything available through the Standard program as well as these additional resources: PTK Workbook, PTK Supplementary Quiz Bank and PTK Supplementary Quiz Bank II.*
Become a teacher and have a classroom of your own in less than a year! We offer comprehensive resources to help you prepare for a new career as a teacher.
Your program includes:
- *PTK Workbook: Did you know you need to learn one hundred different standards in order to pass the ABCTE Professional Teaching Knowledge (PTK) exam? We’ve designed a one hundred page workbook to help maximize studying for the PTK exam. It provides a concrete way to navigate and learn the exams standards.
- *PTK Quiz Bank I: An optional add-on resource for ABCTE candidates, the quiz bank targets the topics in the standards that people have missed the most on the actual exam. This tool is designed so that candidates can avoid these test pitfalls and succeed the first time.
- *PTK Quiz Bank II: A perfect complement to Quiz Bank I, this study resource ensures that candidates will focus on not only the areas most missed on the exam but on all the remaining topics that must be mastered in order to pass the PTK as well.
- Study Plans: Our study plans are based on expert recommendations and successful candidate best practices. View a sample.
- Program Advisor: Work through the certification process at your own pace with ABCTE’s expert advisors as guides.
- Prepare to Teach workshops: Get a head start with online lessons, video case studies and printable resources. Preview workshops.
- New Teacher Hotline: Download free podcasts featuring fun, practical advice from teaching experts. Start listening today.
- Exams: Take exams when you are ready, according to your own schedule. Testing is available year-round at Pearson VUE centers, Monday-Saturday.
For the Professional Teaching Knowledge exam, we also offer practice exams. Preview practice exams.
Want to learn more? Request more information, visit our discussion forums or download our Information Kit.