From astronomy to thermodynamics, our General Science program gives you the upper hand in becoming a certified science teacher. Enroll today and make the universe come to life in your own classroom in less than a year. Your program includes advising services, exams, online coursework, practice exams and more!
Completing our General Science certification will enable you to teach in Florida, Idaho (with a second certification in Biology, Chemistry, or Physics), Missouri, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Utah.
The Plus program offers everything available through the Standard program as well as these additional resources: PTK Workbook, PTK Supplementary Quiz Bank and PTK Supplementary Quiz Bank II.*
Become a teacher and have a classroom of your own in less than a year! We offer comprehensive resources to help you prepare for a new career as a teacher.
Your program includes:
- *PTK Workbook: Did you know you need to learn one hundred different standards in order to pass the ABCTE Professional Teaching Knowledge (PTK) exam? We’ve designed a one hundred page workbook to help maximize studying for the PTK exam. It provides a concrete way to navigate and learn the exams standards.
- *PTK Quiz Bank I: An optional add-on resource for ABCTE candidates, the quiz bank targets the topics in the standards that people have missed the most on the actual exam. This tool is designed so that candidates can avoid these test pitfalls and succeed the first time.
- *PTK Quiz Bank II: A perfect complement to Quiz Bank I, this study resource ensures that candidates will focus on not only the areas most missed on the exam but on all the remaining topics that must be mastered in order to pass the PTK as well.
- Study Plans: Our study plans are based on expert recommendations and successful candidate best practices. View a sample.
- Prepare to Teach workshops: Get a head start with online lessons, video case studies and printable resources. Preview workshops.
- Online Refresher course: Explore over 300 pages of material at your own pace, dedicate more time to material that needs intense review and skip over what you already know. Preview refresher courses.
- Practice Exams: Practice in the same format as the real test on more than 300 sample questions. These include full-length tests, topic quizzes, timed and untimed modes, and complete explanations of the answers. Preview practice exams.
- New Teacher Hotline: Download free podcasts featuring fun, practical advice from teaching experts. Start listening today.
- Exams: Take exams when you are ready, according to your own schedule. Testing is available year-round at Pearson VUE centers, Monday-Saturday.
Want to learn more? Request more information or download our Information Kit.