Whether you are an avid Shakespearean or an experienced editor, our English program prepares you for your own classroom in less than a year. Share your passion for literature by becoming an English teacher for future journalists and authors. Your program includes advising services, exams, online coursework, practice exams and more!
The Premium program offers everything available through the English Language Arts Plus+ program (PTK Workbook, PTK Supplementary Quiz Bank and PTK Supplementary Quiz Bank II.*)as well as these additional resources: ELA Workbook, ELA Quiz Bank. As a bonus Premium candidates will also receive the Introduction to Job Skills workshop and workbook. ELA Premium candidates will also have access to the full 600 item Literary Works workbook for use in the classroom or during teacher preparation.
Become a teacher and have a classroom of your own in less than a year! We offer comprehensive resources to help you prepare for a new career as a teacher.
Your program includes:
- ELA 100 Essential Literary Works WorkbookThe literature part of the exam is 70% of the multiple choice (you are STILL responsible for the ELA Exam Standards). Since you plan to teach English Language Arts, it is the expectation that you can teach these works.
The workbook is made up of 100 CORE works that a candidate would need to know at the minimum to pass the exam.
This book gives you the ability to pace yourself in a structured way. You pick a reasonable number of literary works to accomplish for each day you are studying so that you can feel a sense of accomplishment without becoming overwhelmed by the work.
There is one page for each literary work and there are different things to look for in each type of work: poetry, fiction, and non-fiction.
- ELA QuizbankAn optional add-on resource for English Language Arts (ELA) candidates, the quiz bank targets the topics that people have missed the most on the actual exam.
- *PTK WorkbookDid you know you need to learn one hundred different standards in order to pass the ABCTE Professional Teaching Knowledge (PTK) exam? We’ve designed a one hundred page workbook to help maximize studying for the PTK exam. It provides a concrete way to navigate and learn the exams standards.
- *PTK Quiz Bank IAn optional add-on resource for ABCTE candidates, the quiz bank targets the topics in the standards that people have missed the most on the actual exam. This tool is designed so that candidates can avoid these test pitfalls and succeed the first time.
- *PTK Quiz Bank IIA perfect complement to Quiz Bank I, this study resource ensures that candidates will focus on not only the areas most missed on the exam but on all the remaining topics that must be mastered in order to pass the PTK as well.
- Study PlansOur study plans are based on expert recommendations and successful candidate best practices. View a sample.
- Program AdvisorWork through the certification process at your own pace with ABCTE’s expert advisors as guides.
- Prepare to Teach workshops:Get a head start with online lessons, video case studies and printable resources. Preview workshops.
- Online Refresher courseExplore over 300 pages of material at your own pace, dedicate more time to material that needs intense review and skip over what you already know. Preview refresher courses.
- Practice ExamsPractice in the same format as the real test on more than 300 sample questions. These include full-length tests, topic quizzes, timed and untimed modes, and complete explanations of the answers. Preview practice exams.
- New Teacher HotlineDownload free podcasts featuring fun, practical advice from teaching experts. Start listening today.
- ExamsTake exams when you are ready, according to your own schedule. Testing is available year-round at Pearson VUE centers, Monday-Saturday.
Want to learn more? Request more information, visit our discussion forums or download our Information Kit.