To use the ABCTE program to obtain a teaching certificate in South Carolina, you will:
1. Complete the ABCTE certification program.
South Carolina Department of Education Requirement for using ABCTE certificate
Degree must be from a regionally accredited college.
1. Apply for a Statement of Eligibility from South Carolina Department of Education (Office of Educator Certification).
2. Obtain an offer of employment from a South Carolina public school, and provide verification of the offer to the Office of Educator Certification.
3. Receive a one year, renewable for 2 yrs, Alternate Route Certificate.
4. Teach for 3 years, complete induction and formal teacher evaluation requirements (specific to school district), and pass the Praxis exam in Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT).
5. Apply for the 5 year Professional Certificate
No event in your area? Interested in finding out more? Check out our pre-recorded Information Session by clicking here.