To use the ABCTE program to obtain a teaching certificate and become a teacher in Florida, you will:
1. Complete the ABCTE program
Florida Department of Education Requirements for using the ABCTE certificate:
For additional information or clarification on steps below, contact the Florida Department of Education: http://www.fldoe.org/edcert/
1. Update or apply to Florida Dept. of Ed. for Statement of Eligibility Letter /Temporary Teaching Permit(TTP- 3 year non-renewable)
2. Obtain a teaching position in a Florida school
3. Complete the Florida Professional Educator Competency Demonstration Program(this program varies and is specific to your school district)
4. Apply for your renewable 5 year Florida Professional Teaching Certificate
* In order to be eligible to teach secondary Special Education you will need an additional secondary endorsement in the subject you plan to teach.
No event in your area? Interested in finding out more? Check out our pre-recorded Information Session by clicking here.